In 'know your candidate' column series carried out by The Arunachal Times, Takam Sanjoy, INC candidate from Arunachal West Constituency says his priorities are:
- Access to education at all level and to ensure each Arunachalee is educated.
- Implementation of SSA in right direction.
- To tap the untapped resources and distribute equally among all Arunachalees.
- To look at new avenues of self-employment and generation of employment.
- Implementation of 6th CPC recommendation would be pursued at all possible level. (Not surprising being included in election agenda, considering the row it created)
Also his other concern is to clear the misconception [sic] that Arunachal is a disputed territory.
He says apart from others, his immediate focus would be on misconception that Arunachal is a disputed territory. "This land belongs to India and no force on earth can dispute that."Well, in this front I would say, it is not a misconception but a fact that Arunachal Pradesh is indeed a disputed territory which can only be resolved through diplomatic measures and not by shouting our lungs out that Arunachal Pradesh is not a disputed territory.
Further, he says that state needs to give up 'dependency syndrome' and has to become self reliant.
Similarly, Ninong Ering, INC Candidate from Arunachal East constituency has similar priorities as his counterpart Takam Sanjoy.
Besides stressing on access to education, improved health and sanitation, finding avenues for self-employment and making state self reliant, he stresses on bringing the state in the fold of Sixth Schedule. He also stresses on making Arunachal leap forward in IT sector.
Well, both of them has given a very good political rhetoric on why should we elect them, but none of them has mentioned anything on how they would achieve their agenda. Nevertheless, let's hope that they would keep their promises if elected.
Well, Mr. Sanjoy and Mr. Ering best of luck. We would be watching you if you keep your promise or not. :)